I love business networking
The power of connecting has helped me
change lives and create daily value
But I’ve been puzzled my entire life at “bosses” attitude towards business cards.
Some people give them out so sparingly
like they are made of gold.
Some believe they are a symbol of status and not all employees should have them
Some never carry the damn things – even to a networking event!
In 2011, when business cards are cheaper and more dynamic than ever
the time has come to give cards to your entire team.
Teach them how to use them, when to give them out. My favourite networking book teaches this method.
If you send staff out into the world without cards
you’re leaving $ on the table
you might as well blindfold them
The cost! The cost!! Cry the bean counters
Only management needs them! Cry the closest egotistsReally? And the every-day staff have no network?
They have worked here longer than you
know the vendors, the fans, the customers
know the company better
And they can’t have cards?!?!?
Here are some thoughts and suggestions:
1) If cost and status is your hang up, create a generic card that ALL staff have access to and can give out with all your coordinates ( yes including twitter )2) Sure work has given you a boring card. You should always have a non-work non-boring card with your LinkedIn and twitter account – consider Moo.com’s minicards!
3) On that note. No job? They are called “contact cards” how will someone who has a job to give you find you if you meet at an event?!
4) How about a conversation starter? The greenest business card in the world!! 100% recycled paper, vegetable inks, bullfrog powered and they plant a tree with every order!!
4) Business cards are like lottery tickets every one you give away has the potential to be a winner!
5) Want to take your card use to the NEXT level? Read this book
I leave you with a little bus-card etiquette. PN
11 Replies to “Business Cards”
Great points, Paul.
I love the business cards that have been sitting in a wallet too long. They're a sign of someone who was not expecting to give theirs out.
Here's a related blog post INSIGHTS FROM 291 BUSINESS CARDS.
PS I don't have a nonwork business card
really nice blog.business card playing a vital role as a networking from internal and external clints.
Wow!!! I love business cards.
the amount of blogs on the internet is increasing, and they’re about lots of subjects. in the middle of so many of them, your blog which i found to be very useful for everybody.
Board members and senior volunteers for a charity should also be given business cards with their title and charity details, and asked to give them out to potential donors, volunteers or supporters. This creates a greater sense of ownership. (Board members should also list their charity affiliations on LinkedIN.)
Simple to the point and informative, your style inspires me a lot….
Great post with nice details.
I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. I am appreciating your effort.Recycled Business Cards
I like your post about Business Cards with Like the Design. I am also watching your video. I have metal business cards service.
First impression is last no doubt about it so always keep your business cards up to date and also make you printers batter by using branded Toner Cartridges do not neglect the importance of your printer in your office sometime you desperately need it and you just short of toner.
Your card's size is much better।
New Business Cards Inspiration 2015
Why use Metal Business Cards?
Metal Business Cards Service
Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my bookmark list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!
Window Signs Sydney & Flyer Printing