I don’t often ask readers to buy books but for $20 you’ll help this cause AND yourself. Talk about a win-win.
A 1 minute video on the book:
Why did this book appeal to me? LOOK at this author list!!!
Now, I read it flying to a conference. For the business traveler I think this is the perfect thought-instigator to read in transit. Me personally, it hit at that moment when you’re between the clouds – above operations, below pie-in-the-sky ideas: Where ideas about how to improve your real work world can happen
Some items I found invaluable:
- Kevin Kelly, founder of Wired: What is the pinnacle of personal, professional skill? His insight from experience moved me.
- Roger Martin, of the Rotman School drops some operational wisdom on how his concept of “thin slicing” actually opens up time for leaders to do their best work.
- Mitch Joel, of Twist Image is the ultimate person to advise today’s professional on how to be CEO of Me Inc. His thoughts stung with 2012 truth on what Google says about you.
- Three words from Ann Landers from another social media leader Scott Stratten are a great reminder of what matters and what’s fluff.
- Premal Shah of Paypal now of Kiva who scaled from $1MM in 1 year to now $1MM each 5 days talks about how to plan for and handle rapid growth ( and not to fear it!! )
- Michael Bungay Stainer a powerhouse in his own right talks about the power of scars and how we tell our own story. To ourselves as well as others.
- Gary Vaynerchuk on the best marketing strategy in the world is as always, viciously on point.
- Sally Hogshead of Fascinate never disappoints with her cheeky but powerful style: A note for the ‘haters’ and why having them is good for business.
- BizRockstar Tom Peters’ 5 tips on achieving excellence found it’s way to my fridge in 24 hours.
- Business book Titans; Nancy Duarte of Slideology, Patrick Lencioni, Keith Ferrazzi and of course the awesome Seth Godin himself the list goes on and on!!!
This book helps you think and rethink every aspect of business life but to me the value is in helping you:
1) Deal with problems you face now
2) Cultivating your own and team excellence
3) Creating a practical but better future
I also have a whole new list of great authors added to my twitter feed that are now rocking my daily world!
So TODAY ( and on April 25th especially ) buy and enjoy this book.
Congrats to the team on the latest award too!
Ending Malaria is what you’ll do for the world.
Creating power in your world is what you’ll do for you.